• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

I got this letter in the mail the other day.

Being the aquarium addict I am I always get corals or fish to either my home or my job.(I work 5 blocks from my house) I could tell you the reason I get them shipped to work is that the receptionist is always there to sign for the packages. Or I could tell you I get them shipped there so my wife doesn't see them ;) I know our local UPS driver personally & I have come to know the FedEx driver. He is always asking me questions and talking to me about the different things he delivers.

Well the other day I got this letter in the mail. Nowadays you rarely get a hand written letter in the mail, or at least seldom get them. So when I got it and saw who it was addressed to it confused me. Once I read it I thought it was kind of neat and creepy at the same time. I have since come to think of it as cool. I don't think the FedEx guy would of given out my address if I had not gotten to know him.

ef6859b9-3ae4-42d3-afe3-63334280e788_zpsqcmqr3ot.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My wife thinks I have a problem & she also thinks it is kind of neat. She also thinks its strange when I tell her I met this guy on the internet and I am going to meet him at his house or some rest stop.

I have since emailed the guy and he seems pretty interesting. When I get some time I plan to stop over and check out his tank.

Being the aquarium addict I am I always get corals or fish to either my home or my job.(I work 5 blocks from my house) I could tell you the reason I get them shipped to work is that the receptionist is always there to sign for the packages. Or I could tell you I get them shipped there so my wife doesn't see them ;) I know our local UPS driver personally & I have come to know the FedEx driver. He is always asking me questions and talking to me about the different things he delivers.

Well the other day I got this letter in the mail. Nowadays you rarely get a hand written letter in the mail, or at least seldom get them. So when I got it and saw who it was addressed to it confused me. Once I read it I thought it was kind of neat and creepy at the same time. I have since come to think of it as cool. I don't think the FedEx guy would of given out my address if I had not gotten to know him.

ef6859b9-3ae4-42d3-afe3-63334280e788_zpsqcmqr3ot.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My wife thinks I have a problem & she also thinks it is kind of neat. She also thinks its strange when I tell her I met this guy on the internet and I am going to meet him at his house or some rest stop.

I have since emailed the guy and he seems pretty interesting. When I get some time I plan to stop over and check out his tank.

I had a similar situation last year, just after I bought my SRT charger there was another guy with one that I kept seeing, one day there was a note on my car... My wife flipped, she thought it was so weird. Turned out I'm really glad he did, after buying an SRT vehicle Chrysler gives you a on track experience using their vehicles (SRT charger, challenger, jeep, and the 300) it was awesome and I would not have even known about it!

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
That's pretty cool matt. I had something similar happen myself. I came home from work one day and a guy walking by said "this may sound weird, but what size reef do you have?" I thought for a second and told him and asked him how he knew. He said "1) I see you with jugs of water all the time and 2) your back yard glows blue at night." Turns out he lives down the street and walks a lot. Haven't talked to him too much more but the few times have been pretty cool. Being so far south and secluded on the island it's cool to have someone nearby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Yeah we have had people walk by our house and see us outside and ask about the tank. Without Internet grouos, feeding is a small world so I am not surprised he reached out.

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I'd be a little disturbed that the delivery driver didn't ask if it was ok with you. Other than that it's pretty cool.

I have driven by a house on the way home, I always see the blue light in the back of the house, that I wanted to stop and leave a letter. Makes me wonder should I do it.

I have driven by a house on the way home, I always see the blue light in the back of the house, that I wanted to stop and leave a letter. Makes me wonder should I do it.

I always try to think about how I would react if somebody did what I was thinking of doing to me.