• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

I see Pods in my future

At low tide I walk out to the rocks on the side of the jetty and just grab hands full of mussels and sea lettuce. Any jetty will have them. Let me say today was a really good haul. Thousands of pods. When I got home and opens up my bucket they were jumping all over. I put a piece of cardboard in bucket so by tomorrow they should be all over it then I can just shake them off in my sump.I ju Stu pay cardboard in and already tuneup are clinging to it. By tomorrow is should be covered in pods.

Attachments

• 5FF0990C-EE23-4D04-A569-7CC44EC8D1E2.png
    5FF0990C-EE23-4D04-A569-7CC44EC8D1E2.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 29
They look like basic amphipods. Don't know their scientific name.
Well I hailed in a few hundred more this morning but I had to get rid of my massive haul of mussels. The water smelled horrible from all of the die off from me crushing the mussels as I was scraping the rocks. I did find a couple anenomes and a few crabs in the mussels which I threw in my small tank to see what they look like.

Attachments

• C912430B-803E-4960-8596-FE7B0237C0C9.png
    C912430B-803E-4960-8596-FE7B0237C0C9.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Your a brave man. The jersey shore water is much colder than our tropical tanks. Curious to see how it goes

Belmar a water temp yesterday was 75. My tanks are at 78. I think I should be ok. As far as the nems they didn’t go into my main tank. Only thing that went in there were the pods.

Lol Too small and dear god they were putrid today. The smell was downright nasty. I did take a few of the larger ones yesterday and put them in my tanks. They seem to be doing fine with there little appendage sticking out.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Lol Too small and dear god they were putrid today. The smell was downright nasty. I did take a few of the larger ones yesterday and put them in my tanks. They seem to be doing fine with there little appendage sticking out.
Even the small ones make a good sauce

The nems never made it into the tank and unfortunately the nems didn’t make it. As for pods. I have ALOT in both of my sumps. I’m sure a lot of them also became food for the fish and all my other inhabitants in the tank