• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ich disappeared?

Ok so I posted about losing my foxface after a tank upgrade. I saw like a handful of spots I figured it was ich. Then I saw a few spots on my flasher Wrasse. I started feeding heavier than normal until I could get what I needed to QT and treat and now there are no spots. On any of my fish. It's been 2 days without any sign of ich, no hard breathing, everyone out, more active than ever and eating like pigs.

Is this like the calm before the storm??? Or maybe I messed up and it wasnt ich? Could it just go away like that?

Need more info. Things like tank temperature. If your tank was 80/81 degrees it can kill off the Ick. The fact that you fed heavier is a factor. A well fed healthy fish can fight off ick and show no signs. But ick would still exist in tank. And there are a number of other factors so any additional info. Will help us help you

Need more info. Things like tank temperature. If your tank was 80/81 degrees it can kill off the Ick. The fact that you fed heavier is a factor. A well fed healthy fish can fight off ick and show no signs. But ick would still exist in tank. And there are a number of other factors so any additional info. Will help us help you
Well I switched everything over to new tank on friday, by sunday my foxface looked horrible and was hiding. Saw a few spots but it was so little I couldn't see clearly. It looked like sand on its fins but you could count on one hand.(dealt with ich in freshwater once so I kinda knew what to look for) I pulled him out right away. Didnt last the night. When I got home from work on Monday, my Royal Flasher Wrasse also looked like it had ich on its fins but it was almost none at all. Super hard to see. I upped the feeding and fed frozen mysis in the morning, and a mix of flakes and pellets at night with a little bit of nori for my lawnmower blennie. By Wednesday, no spots, no heavy breathing on any fish. Today I could finally get copper and the Hanna checker to treat. But now I'm confused

Last edited:
Temp is steady at 79 degrees. The tank they were in before stayed steady at 81.
Salinity at 1.025 (both tanks)
Ph: 8.2 (both tanks)
Ammonia: 0 (used 30 lbs of established live rock from the tank they were in + 30 lbs of dry rock + a big bottle of Dr Tims. Testing every other day)
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 4

Quick note: I did acclimate before switching them over just in case (also for temp

Hmm sounds like you have Ich in tank (more common than the average reefer realize. And your warm tank and good feeding helped the fish. You can put the fish in the hospital tank and treat the main tank with . Temp and or chemical s and try and get the Ich out