• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ID Please : does anyone know the name of this hammer coral

it was labeled as ultra gold , but i have my doubts because i saw the ultra gold at ACC on black Friday and it was close to this one just more vibrant ,
the color of mine is blueish grey if that helps , i will try to get more clear picture , this one was last night after the blues went on , i just had a flashlight on it

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
The colors will different from tank to tank. It all depends on lighting and other elements in your tank. Prime example is while at @HerbieK house for the December meeting I noticed one of his SPS had two different coloration. I over heard two other members point it out and point our how that SPS is under two different lights and you could see the different from one light to the other.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It depends a lot on the lighting as well. My example would be i bought a gold torch, when i got home it was mostly brown, but after a while is starting to get it's gold back.

i have a maxspect razor light ,and i just added the new corals yesterday , so i will most another Pic within the next week , i just want to know whats the name of what i have you know
i also got a colony of gold torch which is amazingIMG_20161215_210653.jpg , but it did not open up at all , but then again it has only been there since last night , (hammer opened up right away )

follow up question ,
i have a torches , hammers and frogspawn, and not sure if anyone feeds this corals or have any tricks to promote growth ?
also what kind of light intensity , i will have most of them about 12 inches from the surface and i run maxspect razor 120W , 16K

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
follow up question ,
i have a torches , hammers and frogspawn, and not sure if anyone feeds this corals or have any tricks to promote growth ?
also what kind of light intensity , i will have most of them about 12 inches from the surface and i run maxspect razor 120W , 16K

I had a frogspawn but lost it. I now have a hammer and a torch. The hammer been in my tank longer than the torch; I got my torch from @art13 not too long ago. The hammer is growing but slowly. The touch seems to be doing ok but I been focusing on other issues and not really watching it grow yet.

I am running 1 Kessil 360we and 2 Kessil A150w Deep Ocean Blues. My hammer is about midway down in my tank (54g corner tank) and my touch is near the top. My 360 ramp from 0% up to 80% and then back down but I will get you the numbers tonight when I get home

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
follow up question ,
Squirt some reef chili or reef roids into them from time to time. For the most part, they pretty much take off on their own

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Sorry to delay but here my lights schedule.

A150ws (these don't ramp or dim)-
Light 1 - on at 11:00 am off at 7:50pm
Light 2 - on at 11:05 am off at 7:55pm

A360we (this ramp and dimable as well full spectrum (0% blue and 100% white)
10:50am 0% color and 5% intensity
11:00am 10% color and 80% intensity
12:00pm 100% color and 60% intensity
6:00pm 10% color and 80% intensity
11:00pm 0% color and 5% intensity
11:10pm off

Definitely depends on lighting the gold hammer i bought from world wide corals at last years reefapalooza (2015)as a single head.i now have about 8-10 heads but i feed them offen

Attachments

• 20161017_184309.jpg
    20161017_184309.jpg
    739.5 KB · Views: 6