• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ID please...

6F88DC6B-CD12-4BDA-90B6-E73D4E12080E.jpeg So I wanna say this is green coralline but I could be wrong. It’s neon green only growing on my live rock. Now I have taken a toothbrush to it and it doesn’t come off for the life of me. It just kinda popped up and shortly after I started getting purple and pink coralline growing on the rock also. I would think any other kind of algae would come off easy??? ‍♂️♂️ When I googled it the pictures pretty much look the same.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Hard to tell with the blue light

ETA: you are talking about the color on the rocks... yes coraline algae

Last edited:
Hard to tell with the blue light

ETA: you are talking about the color on the rocks... yes coraline algae
Yes I’m talking about the bright green on the rock. I just wanna make sure it’s a good algae and not a nuisance algae. It looks really good in the tank. I’ll take another pic shortly with no blues on.

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
If it can't be scraped off with a toothbrush, I'd say it's coraline algae. It can be a bunch of different colors but the most common is the red and pink.
a47f61ed9d947f575d78cb47090a24c7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk