• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ID please

i'm guessing this is some type of polyp? Any help would be great

http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r175/hkokinos/th_IMG_1105.jpg
http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r175/hkokinos/th_IMG_1104.jpg

Thanks
Harry

th_IMG_1105.jpg

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hey Harry,

Try copying the link from the larger image, not the preview.

You will get this instead:
(I wish I could help ya on the ID, but I'm not sure what that is!)

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

Harry,

It doesn't look like anything that would be too bad for your tank but at the same time it doesn't look like something that's beneficial either ... and it's not that pretty that I would leave it in.

I wouldn't risk having it spread. Maybe getting a bottle of joe's juice and blasting him wouldn't be a bad idea.

-Mike.

It is a weird looking thing. It does look like a large zoa but then it has huge tentacles. Is it possible to be some kind or rock anemone? it started off really small and then it grew to that size. It hasnt grown in about 6 months or so. I have it in my spare tank and there are definately no others

harryk said:
It is a weird looking thing. It does look like a large zoa but then it has huge tentacles. Is it possible to be some kind or rock anemone? it started off really small and then it grew to that size. It hasnt grown in about 6 months or so. I have it in my spare tank and there are definately no others

What size? If it is not propagating at all or moving in 6 months, I wouldn't worry, specially if it is in tank separate from the main tank.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
What does it look like at night? Does it retract into a hole or does it look like a flower bud? That might help tell the difference between friend of foe as well.