• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

iLLMaTiC's 80G Rimless

Hi all, been reefing again for about a year now, first reef tank was a 40 Breeder like 5+ years ago when I first got into reefing but it was very short lived (I bought a gorgeous green carpet that nuked the tank), also around the time I found Nano-Reef and all the other Reef sites. Had a 29G cube running the last year and just recently purchased a Deep Blue 80G rimless.

Here's the setup, just finished cycling and put all of the corals from the cube in.

Display: 80 gallon Deep Blue aquarium 48" L x 24" W x 16" H
Sump: ProClear Aquatics 26" L x 12" W x 15" H

Lighting: 1 ReefBreeders light fixture and 1 AquaMars light fixture
Filtration:2 filter pads (for now)
Skimmer: No Skimmer yet but most likely going for a SKIMZ model.
Heater: 100W Hagen and JBJ Digital Thermometer
Circulation: 1 Jebao Wavemaker WP-40 W/ Controller
Biological Filtration: 60 lbs Walt Smith ReefRock 2.1, 60 lbs Fiji Pink sand

Cycling:

Corals in!

Sorry for the faded colors, these are with white's on only, no blues, as the blues leave a fog in photos.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looking good. How do you like the Mars Aqua? I have this fixture and ended up taking off the lenses....for relatively shallow tanks, the LED's with lenses are too intense.

The Mars do wonders for the cost! This tank is a decent depth though, I had one running on my 29G Biocube as well.

And forgive me but if a mod can please close this topic as I've created a double by accident.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Welcome! Thats a beautiful tank. Had one of them myself for a while and loved it. Best of luck and keep us posted.

Waiting for an order to come in most likely on the weekend hopefully, grabbed some Wrasses and soon enough will be grabbing an entire tank full of corals from a friend breaking down their tank.