• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

I'm a Reefer !!! (finally)

Just wanted to let everyone know that after all this time.... I finally managed to set up a reef tank !! ::)

elos70020.jpg

full002.jpg

rock044.jpg

clear003.jpg

Tank is cycling and should be ready for livestock in time for the swap ;D

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
MikeNapoli said:
Really nice tank. What make is that and where'd you get those fans? Really nice. I'm jealous.

I was thinking the same thing. Really sharp looking tank, would love to get more info on the make of it. Congrats and good luck!!!

I think it is the Elos tank right? What size is it I cannot tell if the picture is at a strange angle or if the tank is smaller then I thought.

They are both super sweet tanks. Congrats. I considered them but a bit pricy....did the price of the EUR run the price up?

Beautiful tank. I really hope that when that door opens...the knob misses the tank. :eek:

That's good placement for those fans. Since you had to put the tank so close to the wall to clear the doorknob, salt and humidity from the tank might have damaged the wall. The fans blowing away from the wall should help a lot.

Did you paint the room to match the tank? Or buy the tank to match the room?

Thanks for the compliments everyone :)
sorry I havnt updated this thread in some time.....the tank is doing really well. I have learned to trust myself more in applying all the knowledge I have learned and find it a very gratifying experince so far ;D
heres a FTS after my whirlwind shopping spree at the recent swap...

newstuff001.jpg

newstuff005.jpg

newstuff003.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Everything looks beautiful! Must have been a great swap for you to have picked up such cool corals ;D

WOW :eek: we haven't seen that kind of growth since Barry Bonds retired. Amazing 2 months now you have another one ready to go!!!

Thanks for the compliments :)

Those are Pseudanthias flavoguttatus(red saddled anthias)...

fish20009.jpg

There are three of them.

There is also a Red Mandarin...

algae050.jpg

a Golden Pygmy Angel...

clear027.jpg

and a small Black Tang...

006.jpg

Plus a harlequin shrimp and a pair of sexy shrimp too :D