• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

I'm Back

DYIguy

NJRC Member
After 30+ years out of the hobby, being semi retired ( covid helped ) and some research and finding how much progress there's been I thought I'd jump back in with a 13 gal AIO Fluval. After letting it cycle for months with just live rock with hitchhikers and some of my own dry rock I've started adding some soft corals, a CUC and a few fish. And I dug out a 29 gal hex from the basement and am in the middle of cycling that tank with my own in tank filtration system
Chris

DYIguy

NJRC Member
My nano is currently in an algae/ phosphate crisis- working on a cure. My hex is still a work in progress- this is all so new to me ( again ) I have so much dry rock/ coral. I posted pics of some of my ideas on a FB group forum and got blasted- so I'm hesitant to post any until I get it going with some habitants

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
This is more of a community and we have seen every spectrum of tank on here. Facebook can just be toxic trash sometimes. People ask for pics because we might see something that you missed or be able to offer specific guidance to a specific problem. Welcome back to the hobby and welcome to the board.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Thanks, I'll post some pics soon- just got some new additions to both tanks- keeping an eye on them ( and the old ones ) to make sure everyone is safe and healthy

deepblue68

POTM Winner
Welcome it happens to everyone at some point especially in the beginning.
What are your tank parameters? Nitrates and phosphate readings?