• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

im new

just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. i just started getting into aquariums about 6 months ago. trying to learn as much as i can. this is a pic of my biocube 29. sory for the quality but i used my cell phone.

downsized_0307091804.jpg

jim

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Jim l said:
I have the obsession bad

LOL! Welcome. We have monthly meetings for others so obsessed. The meetings generally include a 12 pack . . . I mean 12 step program!

I've had the jbj 28 for about 9 months now. Went to my first meeting last month. The addiction gets stronger and stronger. It is taking everything I have to be content with my 28G. GO SLOW!!!!!! You will make less mistakes, save yourself money and livestock and will be rewarded for your patience. Research everything before trying, but do try things.

Good Luck

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Jim l said:
I can see myself getting something bigger once I learn what it takes to maintain it properly

Yeah my fiancee got me into fish about 6 months ago. She had a twenty, now we have a 30g, 20g, 12g, and 5g setup. It is very addicting.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I'm the fiancee of MNAT, congrats on the new tank. The red coraline on your LR looks nice. Good luck with the live coral- you might want to consider asking a reefer friend to foster it for a few weeks/months if you want to keep it. Generally, when cycling a new tank, nitrates, nitrates and ammonia will spike which may kill your pretty coral. I also noticed you're also using a floating hydrometer- I have been doing this since I was 14, when there wasn't anything else but floating hydrometers, but FYI, they do not give very accurate specific gravity measurements- you might want to think about a floating arm hydrometer, they are much more accurate- just dip the hydrometer into the tank, take a reading, and rinse with ROI water when you are finished with it.
Good luck and congrats Jim I,
the "NT: of MNAT

Thanks for the concern mnat. That is my thermometer floating in there. I use a floating arm hydrometer. My aquarium cycled atleast 4 months ago

Where you at with the updates Jim.. It's been 3 months.. How's about a FTS and some information on how its going.. Yes I troll these forums looking to see how things are going for people.. I am interested in your progress.