• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

im tired of the auto industry looking for a new start

So i been laid off again and im sick of people offering me 11-12 dollars a hour to do the same job i making more then 20 a hour as a service manager. i dont mind a pay cut i understand but come on. i wanted to get out of auto for years but the money was alwasy good.if i am going to work for 11-12 dollars a hour i am starting a new career.is there any pet stores wholesalers ect.looking for help?please let me know THANK YOU JOE

u name it lol.a lot of dealerships prestige toyota ramsey auto group stafford tire goodyears ect. where ever the money was

I think Reef encounter is looking for experienced help, you might take a pay cut to go there though LOL. I work in the auto industry as well, was with Prestige Mercedes and BMW, Ray Catena Porsche, and now work at an independent Euro shop in Englewood. The bigger companies dont care about you whatsoever, youre just a number, and there will be many more. What exactly are you frustrated about? The crap money bc of the "recession" or just the job itself? Maybe try a smaller dealer? Or be a counter guy at a local shop?

just tired of the auto world in general. i have worked for small shops too sometimes they are better sometimes worse.im 38 been working in auto almost my whole life started at 16 as a parts driver and moving up ever sense just need a new start.

SWITCH420 said:
So i been laid off again and im sick of people offering me 11-12 dollars a hour to do the same job i making more then 20 a hour as a service manager. i dont mind a pay cut i understand but come on. i wanted to get out of auto for years but the money was alwasy good.if i am going to work for 11-12 dollars a hour i am starting a new career.is there any pet stores wholesalers ect.looking for help?please let me know THANK YOU JOE

I hear ya bro! It's the same in retail! Retail always used to be "safe". Been in retail management for over 15 years, but now, with the way things are in general, you have district managers applying for store manager positions and willing to take pay cuts. In the past 3 years, I've seen my salary go down by about a total of 45% because of it. My favorite is when they drum up some reason to fire you because they don't have the guts to come to your face and tell you its REALLY about money, and they replace you with someone makeing 20 grand a year less than you were.

SWITCH420 said:
yea its crazy how spineless people can be lol.so hopefully i can find a job i want 2 do not have 2 do time will tell.

Here's wishing ya luck! I'm in the same boat! Got a couple prospects, but nothing real promising. Hope you find what youre looking for!

9supratt4

do you do good deals for fellow reefers? i get a good deal on my evo already but wanted to see what you'd give me ;)))

evoIX said:
9supratt4

do you do good deals for fellow reefers? i get a good deal on my evo already but wanted to see what you'd give me ;)))

Ah I was thinkin the same LOL.

I wanted to work at an LFS but could never take the pay cut.

Wish I knew what industry will be stable long term, thats the key. Auto is tough I think once the india and china cars come its over for the U.S. car companys, only one will survive I guess and maybe even take a few jap companies too. Medical is the obvious choice for the job that lasts a life time.

yea medical is a good job to get into if u can. but its not 4 me im still thinking about what i want 2 do.have to wait and see at this point.

I wish i had money to start something like that. i might start with dry goods/foods ect i did sell reptiles and have a some connections then maybe start on a real small grow out tank ect..