• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

In the wall 265 Perfecto

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Wanted to start a thread instead of putting everything in the shout box.

Tank is place in the wall. Been thinking about plumping and flow. So far I'm thinking about going with Ocean Motions and Squence Pumps. Here is an example of the set up if I don't drill it.
undrilled.jpg

here is drilled
eddrilled.jpg

Yea I doubt that you can drill the bottom now
You need to call Perfecto
There goes the Time frame Issue ;D

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I would SOOOO not drill that tank. Looking forward to see it progress!

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm not seeing that as drilled. To me it looks like a top-down view with the 8 returns going over the top. I could be wrong though . . .

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Drilling the tank is not a problem unless the bottom is tempered.
For all those holes I'd get at least 3 or 4 hole saws though.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Really can't wait to see this all up and running!

Get moving already, will ya! ;)

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Thats what I was thinking Brian, but Phylis told me to slow down. Just a little update today. Mike cut the holes in the stand for the over flows. I picked up and stained all the oak trim and crown molding. We are going to up it up tomorrow. Oak looks really cool stained with Minwax golden oak stain. I can't want to see it up. I also picked up some plastic trim and I'm going to try to caulk the **** out of the bottom of the walls and the plastic trim hopefully that will keep all the water in the fish room if it floods again.

Been thinking all day about going with two Vortex at both ends with the wireless controller. Instead of the Ocean Motions. I feel like the Ocean Motions are meant for drilled tanks like Billy's. Or Maybe two tunzes and conrollers. Decisions, decisions.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
So after alot of thought and look at the $$ situation. I just ordered 5 Hydor 4s for Flow. That's 1200 * 5 or 6000 GPH in the tank plus the over flows. That should get me by until I can upgrade down the road. For $220

that sounds good Ed , but if you go with a OM later on they have the 8 way wich is sick with the revs ,instead of 2 4 ways and you dont have to drill the tank , lmk if you need help .