• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Incoming!!

Hello fellow reefers! Just dropping by to say hi and let everyone know you have a new addition coming up your way at the beginning of March. I was born and raised in Very north Joisey but moved to Florida about 10 yrs. ago. Needless to say, I'ma movin' back, tooooo many hurricanes down here! I have a 120 w/ 40 sump/ref full mix of sps, lps, softies and fish. Ive just about sold it all off recently to friends down here due to not wanting to take the chance of killing lotsa things during the move.

Good news is, I'm bringing the tank and materials to set it back up rather quickly once I get there and am looking forward to starting over. After several years in the hobby and seeing 100s of tanks, I cant wait to do a lot of aquascaping with Tonga LR before I start putting in corals and fish.

Anyway, just a quick intro about me. Ill be popping in to see whats going on and keep up to date with the club so that when i get up there ill be able to jump in and contribute.

Oh, i have almost 9 years in the hobby, so if I see any IDs needed or help with anything that i know, ill definitely contribute my 2c

C

concept3

Welcome back Jersian!  Looking forward to meeting you in one of our meetings! are you heading back to way North Jersey?  Whereabout in Very N. Jersey?  I was from Bergen County which is pretty up there, but am now the opposite way down South!

-merv

As far northeast in Bergen as you can go, little town called Northvale. North of the GWB on 9W, then have to cut in through Closter and keep going north a bit. I would say about 15 maybe 20 min north of Hackensack.

Yea, I think I will be doing meetings once I get settled in. My family and I are building on my parent's lot to save on the cash, still have a few months of building to go so we will be living in their house until the dust settles. We are actually having part of the living room built around the knowledge of having a 120g in the living room. Putting in tile just in the area of the tank and.....a deck drain incase of overflows!! Muahahaha.... NO mopping!! No wet-vac!! woo hoo! Sorry had to lose myself there for a minute. Currently im in Vero Beach, where Hurricane Francis and Geane hit 2 years ago. I didnt get the eye wall, but i got the North East feeder bands and storm wall, which is usually worse. I was without power for a running total of 32 days. If it wasnt for a generator designated for my tank, everything would have been dead. I still lost about 15 SPS colonies, 2 brains, a couple of clams, 3 fish, including my clown and rose tip.... Of all things to last, my Zenia charged through like nothing happened...

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
You will find a whole lot of cool people with Reef tanks up here. You will be able to get any corals you want via trades, group buys and raffles. It really is an amazing club. I don't know what I did before I joined. Oh yeah I remember gave the LFSs a whole lot of $$$ for stuff.

C

concept3

I know where Northvale is. We have a member up there too. It's like 8 minutes from my parent's house, where I used to live. A little 2 square mile town called Dumont. Lol

welcome back newjersian, im Gabriel at north of jersey, but not that north, when are back if you need any help just call, and we will help you , this club is made of great people

Gabriel

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome back! Sounds like a great plan to build on your parents lot (though I couldn't be that close to my ILs, lol). I love the floor drain idea (but the tank should be a 180, a 120 just isn't long enough, says the owner of said 120 :) ). You'll find lots of folks willing to help around here.

See ya soon!

I know Dumont well, had a friend who grew up there.  Good to know there are some people close.  I love frag trading and I personally am a SPS person.

Sad thing is im starting over.  If I was able to bring up my current stuff, I could supply a lot of frags, the tank was 7 years old before i started breaking it down.

This is ok though... I can finally redo the mistakes I made in the beginning and aquascape the tank properly from the beginning.  YEA!

Im thinging of going up to a 125 lol a whopping 5 gallon difference!!! this way I have a 72x19x24 instead of 48x24x24.

I talked to my friend at LFS and in exchange for frags, he is going to keep some of my more prized items and once i get tank established, we will try to overnight ship items and see what happens. I love my sun polyps, have a huge <80+ head> colony and hope i can get them up there. The whole front left half of my tank is bright yellow and orange. You should see feeding time. I spot feed the whole thing...

Welcome back!!! youll love this club!! i just joined the club not to long ago, and now i cant wait for meetings. this club is all i talk about to friends. I know exactly where northvale is. my wife works in demarest. it right around there. i work in englewood cliffs which is like 5minutes to manhattan. i was originally from cliffside park but now i moved to secaucus. cant wait till we meet!!