• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Info on Gyre pump

Looking for some info / feedback on a gyre pump . I am looking to purchase one for the long end of a 6' long 180 gallon peninsula tank. Plan is 2 mp40 's & 2 mp10s on the overflow side ( dry sides not visible hidden in cabinet ) and was looking for something with a minimal visual foot print for the viewing end of the tank . Curious to know what you guys / gals think is needed GPH wise, and if a specific unit manufacture is better than others Maxspect/ icecap .

Thanks in advance.

James

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I have 4 mp40s on my 6' tank. more than enough flow. sps on top and middle lps bottom.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
are those 4 all on one side ? or 2 per side ? trying to avoid anything to obtrusive on the viewing end of peninsula
ah just saw you have a peninsula. yea i have 2 on each side. reefbum used mp60s on his peninsula. check out his build.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
I have two mp40s about 1/3rd down and my return on the mechanical side and one jaebo gyre on the viewing side of my peninsula. Plenty of flow I also had the same setup on a 180 and it worked great. I find no need to buy a expensive gyre jeabo is awesome. The most 40s are only on 50% on reef crest

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 7

Shawn2122

NJRC Member
I have the maxspect 350 gyre on my tank and love it. Low profile and moves a ton of water. Hopefully, it's durable as the performance so far has been great.