• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Instant Ocean salt sale

radiata

NJRC Member
I just picked up a 200g box for $27 at the hidden reef
Wow! That's a great price! I'm paying $35 for a 200g box of Instant Ocean in northern NJ.

Many years back I would drive down to the Hidden Reef (before the Chinese take-out next door caught fire and destroyed their business for several years) to stock up on their cheap price of Crystal Sea Marinemix. I'd also pick up other low-balled salt for local reefers who preferred something like Tropic Marin. I recollect that Crystal Sea came out of Maryland and was thus inexpensive because of low shipping costs.

You'd do your all fellow here a favor if you could record and post prices of salts at their site whenever you go...

Was at the Hidden Reef over the weekend and took these two pics to show prices. Please note, I'm not affiliated with Hidden Reef at all. Just agreeing with others that it's a good place to get salt. They had a whole pallet of IO, but you may want to call ahead if you're looking for any other specific salt brand. Some were low stock.

Attachments

• salt1.jpg
    salt1.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 15
  • salt2.jpg
    salt2.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 14
BTW, apologies. I should have checked first.....is this is a violation to post a vendor's product? If so, moderators please remove.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Instant ocean was selling for $30 a bucket at RAP.
Those are great prices but the store is in PA so it’s not easy for me to get some.