• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Invisible top anti jumping kit

I saw this on aliexpress for about $5 cheaper, what do you guys think

It could work. Depending on what kinda fish you get. Small ones might make it straight through.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
It could work. Depending on what kinda fish you get. Small ones might make it straight through.
I was thinking the same thing, but if small ones do get through they should be able to get back through too. I think the plus side is that it might not interfere with lighting

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Both my firefish recently jumped through the net. I found them next morning stiff on the net.
Back to the drawing board I guess- at least as far as smaller fish go- still wonder how it is as far as lighting for larger fish

ctg0209

NJRC Member
Brs sells corner clips by neat aquatics that allows the frame of the top to sit inside the rimless tank

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Back to the drawing board I guess- at least as far as smaller fish go- still wonder how it is as far as lighting for larger fish
No problem lighting wise. I was surprised that after 7 months they actually fit through the net as the holes are pretty small.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Not many fish are that slender and are jumpers- I'm more concerned about lighting- glass toppers are no good, egg crate seems to affect par/ disbursement, so this might be an alternative, btw, hoping you're felling better

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Curious though, my firefish aren't jumpers unless chased- I try to keep stress free tanks- move or rehome when needed

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Curious though, my firefish aren't jumpers unless chased- I try to keep stress free tanks- move or rehome when needed
I assume the lights coming on in the morning or something chased them.

Last edited:

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I start out just blues in the am and then ramp up- too bad though, I like firefish- mine would spend most time hiding until I got the pain in the ass out of the tank

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have blues on all day/night in the back using a strip. Then turn over blues on at 8 and whites at 10.