• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Is any one rehoming a Copper band?

Ls2Goat

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
As the title says, my 3 month old tank already has the cancer and I’m looking for a copperband that’s been in a tank and eating more than just aiptasia.

Ls2Goat

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I’ve had tremendous success with peppermint shrimp if you want to try an easier route.
I’ve had peppermints in my old display for a years, they keep the small ones in check but every now and then a couple large ones pop up and linger.

My new tank is only 3 months old and still in the ugly phase, I’m not confident it’s ready for shrimp just yet and by the time it is I’m sure the outbreak will be more than it can handle. Where as on the other hand I’ve personally seen a single small copperband decimate an Armageddon’s worth of tasia in a matter of days.

I’ve attempted 2 in the past one from a regular LFS and training it myself; it worked for about a month u til it just stopped eating. Then after that I purchased one that was supposedly QT’d and trained to eat frozen, it would only eat clams on the shell and was a shy eater and hid during the feeding frenzy that the clam would create.

I’m hopeful some one breaking down a system has an established one that would enjoy a home in a 200g display!

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
You don’t need to do anything special with the copper band.
a healthy copperband is faster than most tangs.
I would just buy one from a good LFS the food we feed our fish now are really good. Any frozen food with clams/ scallops / mussels the copper and will be happy
I feed my at night when everyone is sleeping

You can also try 2 mirrors on each side of the tank and that will definitely give you a good 2 weeks… last time I had the mirror for around a month

Ls2Goat

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
You have to figure out what fish it’s bullying him and put it in a acclimation box… that’s what makes him stop eating
There was no bullying, that one just would not eat with the group. Every time a clam hit the water the blenny, cardinals, clowns, tangs, and even Helfrichi would swarm it and the CBB would just swim away. In the acclimation box it ate like a champ for 4 weeks but once in the tank It was impossible to try and feed it alone

That’s just how they bully, they keep pushing him away from the food!! You can also use a type of net around the clam. Only him will be able to get it