• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Is it possible.... I need some theories

I have a 6-foot 150 gallon tank that is inhabited by a YT, a PBT, a flame hawk, one green chromis, a bicolor angel and a GSM. They all live in the left 75% of my tank. They seldom go past the 75% line - almost like there's a wall there. I always add new fish to the right side of the tank, hoping that something will take up residence there. EVERYTHING always ends up making a home at the other side of the tank. I recently added a royal gramma - he seems content with the right side. Last week I added a cleaner shrimp to the right side. I haven't seen him since - until an hour ago - quite happily setting up shop on the far left side of my tank!

What's wrong with the right side of my tank?! Any thoughts? The other four feet are getting quite crowded and I still have a few fish that I want to add.

C

concept3

try rearranging the live rock. you probably feed them on that side of the tank, so they are accustomed in hanging our there waiting to be fed everytime someone walks by.

Merv- the obvious is always the last place I look - The rocks were just rearranged to add my group buy rocks, but I do feed in the middle of the tank and the current moves to the left....

I'll try feeding on the other side and see if I can get them to spread out some.

I have a 6' 125 and the same thing happens. My fish all stay from the middle to the right of the tank. Rarely does anything travel down the left side, besides my scooter blenny that goes wherever it wants. My hippo tang will swim in the open water in the front, but wont enter the rock work on the left side.

Science fair project - put the same fish in a 4' tank and see what happens :)

Really weird. I'm going to feed the far right side of my tank for a month and see what happens. I guess if they're all happy I probably shouldn't worry about it, but I have to have something to worry about!

A question for you guys with fish staying on the left or right side: Is it the north, south, east, or west side of the tank?