• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Is my powerhead too strong?

I currently have a 35 cube, i recently bought a 1321 gph aquatop powerhead. does this seem too high none of the fish seem too agitated or anything.

If it not controllable, it’s a little much for that size tank. I think I could be manageable if you set the flow angle to ricochet off of the tank wall, and don’t put anything in the direct flow. It is challenging to get the flow right on any tank, even with the most ideal powerheads.

If it not controllable, it’s a little much for that size tank. I think I could be manageable if you set the flow angle to ricochet off of the tank wall, and don’t put anything in the direct flow. It is challenging to get the flow right on any tank, even with the most ideal powerheads.
Would you recommend trying to make the flow flush with the back wall from the right or do a more direct flow into a corner to disperse the pressure?

You can anchor yarn or some other kind of material that can sway in various areas on the tank, and see where you get the most uniform flow. Or if you have existing coral, you can just see how they respond. Any rock structure, tank walls, and even opposing flow from a return nozzle can break up flow.

Ok. I was going to say, if all else fails, make a provision to reduce the efficiency of it. I was thinking about a way to restrict the flow through it.