• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Is RC slow for you?

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
RC has been very slow for me lately, maybe two weeks now. I upgraded to IE7 and was hoping that wasn't the problem. Anyone else notice this? How about Firefox, hows the speed with that?

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It's slow as anything with Firefox too. My browser has even timed out a few times latley waiting for RC to load.

You'd think with all the money they bring in they'd be able get a bigger server.

blah blah blah, money money money

If I had a dime for everytime....

ANYWAY

A switch at the host went and needed to be swapped out, that entailed ordering one, and waiting for it. Hence the slowdown.

Man, if you guys knew half of the hardware upgrades RC has had, your heads would spin. From a single pc on a DSL line, a 486 at that!, to 4 servers, all power mongers, co-located, RC has spent a boatload on upgrades. Switches and load balancers aint cheap ya know!

Hopefully the switch comes in soon, and it can be installed. Then Doug will need to tweak settings again, so bear with us :)

it shouldnt be IE 7, but you should get rid of that anyway. Loads of security issues, and it really just pissed me off, so its bad!

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
nagel said:
blah blah blah, money money money

If I had a dime for everytime....

Then you would've been able to have someone else deal with the headaches of remodeling. ;D

LOL!! Now we know how to get Nagel's attention.

I know they have done a ton of upgrades in the past and have come a long way since the begining.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
JohnS_323 said:
I'm not experiencing that at all. It still loads pages very quickly for me.

I guess your special John.

Thanks Erik.....
I was consider dumping IE7 for Firefox also.