• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Is there enough flow in my tank?

I have a maxi-jet 900 in my 20 gal tank. I was told there are dead spots ina tank with one powerhead. Should I get another one and if so what do you guys recomment I get? A smaller one or a bigger one or same size? And which manufactuarer is good? Also I'm on a tight budget, im currently a college student paying for school gas and car insurance so plz help me out. =)

generally you want like 20x the size of your tank GPH so a maxijet is 230 GPH i would go with another maxijet 900. you could get the 400 but the 900 is only 5 bucks more...

Thanx, i should just get the 900 then. But where should I place it. I currently have my maxijet in the left side of the tank in the center blowing water foward. Where should I put the other?

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Your best bet would be to put the power head on the opposite side of the tank.. then have both of them point towards the center of the tank. This way you will get a nice mixing flow of water.