• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Is this a pistol shrimp? are they reef safe? Also please ID anemone

I got his shrimp in a piece of rock that I pick up from a buddy of mine, I heard it snapping on the way home.
DSC01499.jpg

DSC01500.jpg

Thanks Jim.... do you know if the shrimp is reef safe or what kind of pistol shrimp it is? the anemone is grey looking.  The tank where it came from was one wasn't in the best conditions.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
I've had pistols in reefs before with no problems,now you just need yo get him a goby friend.The yashi gobies are nice a little pricey but well worth the money.Can't really comment on the nem. not 100% sure of it.

The anemone looks similar to the one we have, oursb is a peach carribean or something like that. Kind of an orangey-blue color with an orange stalk.

Looks like the pistol that hitched in on my gulf of mexico LR. But I have no clue.

You could try a goby - but there's no guarantee. I guess if it doesn't work you could buy the pistol later!

Here's pics of my tiny guy (he was loud!)
pistol_020205.jpg

pistolscale_020205.jpg

We have a tiny shrimp that came in with some rock we had and just showed up in the tank. Tiny little thing, probably smaller than this one, but it is white, kind of transparent. Been trying to get a pic but the little bugger is too fast.