• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ISO Chaeto

radiata

NJRC Member
Cheato is overrated, grapecalurpa is where it’s at!

This is Poppycock, and not at all true. You need to factor in the reality that Chaeto is not going to "go sexual" on you. If you keep using Grape Caulerpa, some day you'll be waking up to a tank with milky white water. Keep a 90 percent water change on stand-by. I know from whence I speak - I've been there...

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I saw Chaeto on ebay from a guy with an established reef tank and 99% approval 1/2, 1 cup with free delivery

radiata

NJRC Member
Crazy fact. Caulerpa are some of the largest single cell organisms. That is why if you break a little piece off, it can grow a whole new "plant". They mainly reproduce asexually that way.

Valonia (Bubble Algae) happens to be one of the largest known unicellular organisms. But, Valonia is NOT Caulerpa. If you don't mind, I'd like to know which Caulerpas are single celled plants.