• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

iso tank due to leak

well I have been noticing water under my jbj 28 nano cube and was at first unsure if it was a leak or some other issue I am pretty positive it is a leak as it has gotten worse. so as I am broke but would like to keep my livestock. I m looking for someone who has a tak laying around that they would be willing to sell for cheap thanks

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
A very common problem with JBJ's is that you are either pumping too much water into the main tank area and/or the saw teeth overflow is slightly clogged causing too much water to remain in the main tank area. Take a look at the water level in the main tank area and if it is touching the top plastic trim, water will drip out....with me, at the front right corner of the stand.

If you are running both pumps and have upgraded the pumps to MJ1200, this will cause this problem. Otherwise, clean the saw teeth with an old toothbrush.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
should I try running one pump

First look at the water level in the main tank area. If it's touching the plastic, first clean the saw teeth overflow. If after that the water is still touching the plastic frame, (and especially if you've pulled out the stock pumps and put in MJ1200's), I'd go to one pump. I'm only running one in mine along with an MP10 in the tank for water flow.