• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

It’s a holiday today

Nice!!! What plans do you have for the 30? I'm personally looking for a 20 gallon to keep as a quarantine tank in my office. I really should start a build thread for the 80 gallon that I picked up over the weekend though. (First saltwater build. Woohoo!)

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Nice!!! What plans do you have for the 30? I'm personally looking for a 20 gallon to keep as a quarantine tank in my office. I really should start a build thread for the 80 gallon that I picked up over the weekend though. (First saltwater build. Woohoo!)
I thought a 13 gal AIO would be enough when I got back in- Ha! Plan is to cycle the 30 and take down/ or go simple with the 13. The 30 is drilled but I'm going to install an in tank filtration setup- I like things simple- might get me in trouble later but I ordered the acrylic, and silicone for a 3 chamber filter- have a 550gph pump for the filter and 2 'wave' heads for circulation- may have to add another- have all the dry rock I need ( even after getting rid of some today ). Think I'll go with a sand bottom- All I need is a heater-

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Got the tank home before the snow- now I can play around with my dry rock over the weekend in between shoveling

Attachments

• 20210217_175541.jpg
    20210217_175541.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 4

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
All ( and more in a 30gal hex and `13gal ) from a 110 gal I had/have (in a shed ) from 30+ years ago- still have a bunch left
I had 3 large dead coral pieces, in a storage container (15x24 each) that were from when I worked at a LFS at Airport Plaza in Keyport from 1996. I threw them out able a year ago. :frown:

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I had 3 large dead coral pieces, in a storage container (15x24 each) that were from when I worked at a LFS at Airport Plaza in Keyport from 1996. I threw them out able a year ago. :frown:
I have mostly dead 'live rock' from my old tank- along with some coral skeletons from 30+ years ago- I know none ever were exposed to copper- you can find coral on ebay and craigslist- not expensive, but unless you're going to have a fish only tank- I wouldn't take the chance- too bad about your loss- they were pretty big- too big for anything under 110 gal I would think

I have mostly dead 'live rock' from my old tank- along with some coral skeletons from 30+ years ago- I know none ever were exposed to copper- you can find coral on ebay and craigslist- not expensive, but unless you're going to have a fish only tank- I wouldn't take the chance- too bad about your loss- they were pretty big- too big for anything under 110 gal I would think
Put this on your own thread please

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Put this on your own thread please
Ouch- touchy:(, Well, I got the tank for free- that was pretty great- he could have sold it on craigslist and made some money- instead he gave it to a member-AWESOME!- So forgive me for sharing- I'll try not to do it again

Last edited:
Obviously you don’t know me, love that a awesome member of our community helped you out, and it’s great to give them a shout out but all the other things are not necessary
Enjoy your new tank wish you nothing but success much luck brother

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Obviously you don’t know me, love that a awesome member of our community helped you out, and it’s great to give them a shout out but all the other things are not necessary
Enjoy your new tank wish you nothing but success much luck brother
All I did was post a pic and then replied to posts Brother Paulie- get off my case- not sure if I want to know you- I'm an easy going guy and like to get to know people and share, but ...... BTW- what 'other things'- forget it, this is going nowhere- I hesitated joining this 'club' at first, but 'met' some nice folks here online and then in person too- I hope to get to know more people in the future- I heard there used to be great parties before covid- stay healthy brother