• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

It's Cold Out!!!

My facility is located on the Delaware River so It is colder and windier than other places. We have 410 feet of riverfront property.
B3240B8A-6410-4006-955C-DEC72630616C_zpsupmffv9k.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DCCE9D6F-D53F-4303-97F9-7433A7989852_zpsawz8y2hz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
The river is almost frozen all the way across.

When I got to work one of the nurses handed me this and said she found it on the floor of a resident's room
9CBC6C86-ED24-4455-83A3-F2994CF7207D_zpsqjsaubsz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
The second I saw her coming I knew what was wrong and what had happened. One of the rooms facing the river had the fire sprinkler head freeze and fall to the ground. The ice cracked the pipe. As we were shutting the fire system down and getting ready to drain the system it started to rain in the basement.
B81B4307-5355-43AA-BA43-9A88302ED26E_zpsvmgujab4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I ran up to the resident's room and this is what I saw only the water was flooding out of the empty ceiling tile. The only good thing is that I had already had the pump off and all the valves turned off. So it was just draining the system into the room...

Enjoy the rest of your day.

I use to live right up the street if I recognize the water front correctly, Palmyra? Hope you don't have to stay late to clean all of that up. My house was not built for this cold in the 60s, 300 watts of heaters in a 40 breeder, and they can't turn off.

I use to live right up the street if I recognize the water front correctly, Palmyra? Hope you don't have to stay late to clean all of that up. My house was not built for this cold in the 60s, 300 watts of heaters in a 40 breeder, and they can't turn off.

Pretty much, I'm in Riverton. We are the Assisted Living/ Long Term Care Nursing Home down the street from the Yacht Club.
Where in Palmyra? My wife grew up there and I am from Riverton

Pretty much, I'm in Riverton. We are the Assisted Living/ Long Term Care Nursing Home down the street from the Yacht Club.
Where in Palmyra? My wife grew up there and I am from Riverton

I lived in the riverfront condos right down the street from the willow shores apartments. I REALLY miss being by the water, the river is really nice around there.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Your crazy Joe, I'm sure the views are sweet but there's no way you could get out there for a hike. Maybe just maybe if there was the two Paul's supermodel at the end I might consider it.

horseplay

NJRC Member
Your crazy Joe, I'm sure the views are sweet but there's no way you could get out there for a hike. Maybe just maybe if there was the two Paul's supermodel at the end I might consider it.

Actually had to take some layers off once start hiking. Not bad at all if you're prepared.

There was no supermodels, but there was this afterwards:

IMG_0418.JPG

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We've had the same problem up here around NYC. The tug boats have been running back and forth on the Hudson trying to keep the river open enough for the ferrys to get in and out of NYC.

450x336_q95-61335344.jpeg

Also, my one kid, who lives in Farmingdale, had a frozen pipe in her rental house.....flooded the kitchen. Landlord now trying to blame her....claiming the heat wasn't high enough. And now the waterline coming into the house is frozen. She's now staying with us.

That stinks about the flood! The coast Guard has been constantly running up and down the Delaware keeping the ice broken so the tankers can get to the ship yard