• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ITS HERE ITS HERE ITS HEEEEREEEE!!!!!!!

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Del, how did the install go???? Is it cycling yet?
quick update. so tank is currently in my garage. the agreement was that since it took so long for us to get the tank, ACC will bring it in and install it. however, that changed when John said that , due to them having to pay more to rush the tank to us, he can't have that done. so I'm actually coming out of my own pocket to have professionals bring the tank down to my basement. thats all they are doing though. I myself will build the stand, and then once that's done, was actually going to ask for some reefers help to simply lift tank onto the stand. Im currently painting and preparing the baby room, so of course that's what takes priority. but, my goal is to have this setup and cycles before December.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
...the agreement was that since it took so long for us to get the tank, ACC will bring it in and install it. however, that changed when John said that , due to them having to pay more to rush the tank to us, he can't have that done.

The auction was in July if I recall. Covid disruptions began in March.
Thats 8-9 months without the tank and lots of excuses.

Then post Covid, another 8 months wait.
To compensate for all this, they placate you by telling you they'll move it into your basement and help set it up.

Now they're not going to help you out because they had to pay to ship the tank to you a year and a half after the win?
Wow.

Lemme know when you want to move it. Screw you having to pay to have it done. I'm sure theres enough of us able to be on hand to help you out.

Last edited:

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Agree Mark.
4 or 5 of us go down and move it in place.
1 or 2 stick around to help setup and the rest split.
I'm in if you need help.
If course everyone will have to mask up and use hand sanitizer.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I am glad del got his tank. I agree with mark 100%. Image if someone would have won that wasn’t a club member. What if someone off the streets would have won.
Without all this support. I see a lot of excuses. I can help I work for beer and pizza.

Reactions: DEL
quick update. so tank is currently in my garage. the agreement was that since it took so long for us to get the tank, ACC will bring it in and install it. however, that changed when John said that , due to them having to pay more to rush the tank to us, he can't have that done. so I'm actually coming out of my own pocket to have professionals bring the tank down to my basement. thats all they are doing though. I myself will build the stand, and then once that's done, was actually going to ask for some reefers help to simply lift tank onto the stand. Im currently painting and preparing the baby room, so of course that's what takes priority. but, my goal is to have this setup and cycles before December.
That stinks Del. I’m sorry to read this.

That's really sad to hear that they won't hold up to what they said they would do. I'm always down to help out. Don't waste money on paying people to move it. There's plenty of us who will help you bring it down and then help you set it in place whenever you're ready.

Reactions: DEL

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
hey all. so my plan was to have these guys from a local aquarium company come down on friday evening and bring the tank down the stairs into the basement. It is a really tight squeeze down the stairs, which is the main i reason i wanted to hire someone. i really appreciate everyone volunteering to pitch in. lets see how it goes on friday, but i know that i will definitely be asking for help once the stand is built. however, if we have about 4 or 5 really strong guys, and also suction cups..then i can cancel the move. I would need a definite answer though, because I would need to give the guys a heads up. I live in Edison, right by menlo, so to give an idea of those who were wanting to volunteer. if it was pre covid, i wouldve had a nice get together with food and drinks afterwards. but, covid along with a pregnant wife, makes it a little more difficult. otherwise, i can just go as planned and then check back on who wants to help lift it onto the stand. by the way, this tank is a beast! the glass is super thick! ok, i think its time for bed now. thanks again everyone!!!!! NJRC 4 Life!!!!!!!

I'm definitely not looking to stir up trouble here, but is anyone else concerned about the behavior of the vendor here? As I understand the situation, this tank was won in an auction in July, then 7-8 months later the pandemic hit. The vendor decided to use the reserved money to pay their staff and business expenses. They then worked out with the winner that end of October would be a good delivery time and offered him free delivery, placement of the tank, and gift cards. That was in response to inquiries by NJRC in trying to insure that this prize was properly received.

The business doesn't have the right to take the money reserved to pay for the prize as a personal loan to take care of their own expenses. In any case, that money (or prize) should have been set aside or awarded to the winner long before the pandemic.

The end of October timeline was proposed by the business with delivery, placement, and gift cards as compensation for the 15 month delay. How do they then take that back because they had to "rush" to get the tank? Did they OK that with the winner as well?

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
On behalf of the BOD. We understand the frustration with this event.
And all points are valid here.

however, NJRC cannot enforce or get involved in side deals that we were not privy to between vendor and client. We had to step into this situation because we were a 3rd party to tank and stand. However , everything else from here is no different then a vendor customer dispute

I’m really sorry for this del. We will be making changes going forward for sure

BOD

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I'm definitely not looking to stir up trouble here, but is anyone else concerned about the behavior of the vendor here? As I understand the situation, this tank was won in an auction in July, then 7-8 months later the pandemic hit. The vendor decided to use the reserved money to pay their staff and business expenses. They then worked out with the winner that end of October would be a good delivery time and offered him free delivery, placement of the tank, and gift cards. That was in response to inquiries by NJRC in trying to insure that this prize was properly received.

The business doesn't have the right to take the money reserved to pay for the prize as a personal loan to take care of their own expenses. In any case, that money (or prize) should have been set aside or awarded to the winner long before the pandemic.

The end of October timeline was proposed by the business with delivery, placement, and gift cards as compensation for the 15 month delay. How do they then take that back because they had to "rush" to get the tank? Did they OK that with the winner as well?
you think I should still also ask about the $250 credit they were gonna give to me ? hahahahahahahaha