• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ITS STARTED !!!

well, snow is falling in north brunswick--- :eek:
lets see what happens and HOW much...
hope everyone stays warm and safe...

hey---pr0obably a day off tomorrow--great---that means shoveling

i hate the snow!!!

be safe all..
steve

The snow is falling down here in Brielle too. Its beginning to look like tomorrow is going to be a SNOWDAY!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
School is already closed for Wednesday AND THURSDAY for us! Crazy. It hadn't even started.

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Been snowing down here now for about 3 hours on top of the 25 inches we got on Saturday.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
My wife got the call about 8:45pm, no school tomorrow. At that point we had a light wet snow falling....Sayreville, Middlesex County.

R

reseter5

snowing in middletown. no school tomorrow... and i took off of work... cant deal with work and snow at the same time..haha

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Phyl said:
School is already closed for Wednesday AND THURSDAY for us! Crazy. It hadn't even started.

And Thursday, I thought it was bad that they even called school off for tomorrow before school ended today. Another stupid thing was to cancel after school activities today? Hello, it's not going to start until night here people and even at that nobody has to travel far.

On another note, my poor parents are scheduled to take a cruise out of Fla on Fri. They chose to fly out on Wed so they get 2 days in Fla and to have leeway for flight delays. They tried to get out early and couldn't, then their flight was cancelled for tomorrow and the airline wouldn't commit to a next flight out. Next option was to go to Philly or AC...Philly had snow and they couldn't make the last flight out of AC. Father called me and asked what I thought about driving, I talked him out of it(so I thought) due to heavy snow in DC already and chance of freezing rain in NC. Train was out due to sold out and rail construction somewhere around GA preventing them from going to Fla Monday through Thurs anyway. I said wait it out. Next thing you know I get a phonecall from my brother who is mad that they left to drive into the storm! Instead of renting a car one way and flying back, they now decided to borrow my sisters car and drive both ways ::). This will be interesting. These are the people that want to go to Niagara Falls, but won't because it is too far!!! I do not think they have ever driven in a car more than five hours as adults. LOL

JohnS_323 said:
I LOVE the snow and the cold! Keep it coming baby!

I'll take the snow, but don't like this frigid cold! I just wish I could find a good place near me to go sledding with the kids! :mad:

hasn't even started here yet. i'm going to be disappointed if i don't get atleast 2 feet of snow to play in. EVO IX VS SNOW 2010! if you don't think you'll make it out there please stay in. keep the roads clear for the rest of us to play ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
JohnS_323 said:
I LOVE the snow and the cold! Keep it coming baby!

Didn't you get a snow blower? I hate the snow cause I have to shovel it. I'm getting a snow blower not matter what this year. At least they closed the office today.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Switched to rain on the coast here, so I am in the office. Probably not going to be a full day considering another wave should come through this afternoon.

debfife said:
Bring on SUMMER

DITTO THAT!!!!

yea, sorta raining here now, finished shoveling :'( backs killing me...( and i just refilled my pain meds last night ;D )
oh yea, the snow blower I DO HAVE is quietly sitting in the garage not wanting to start
I even threatened I would throw it out on the curb, but it just sat there quietly looking me in the sweaty, red, puffing face ( from shoveling ) and STILL did not start
i hope the falling snow is over

Bring on the summer with the HOT DAYS, floating in the pool ( with a nice COLD beer ), and the cool breezes at night

hope everyone gets thru today ---be well.........

steve

ps---oh, dont ya just hate when you finish shoveling the driveway out to the street, and THEN the snow plow comes by and pills the snow BACK in front of your shoveled out driveway---and i can see the driver sort of smirking as he drives by....