• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

iTzJu's Rimless 34 Gallon Frag Tank Build

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Looks great! Congrats
Looking good Ju!!!

Thanks guys!

Looks really good. I would lower the refugium light a little so you don't get algae growth in your skimmer.

yeah, not totally worried about it. once I get the apex and do some wire management, the skimmer is an easy access to clean.

Looks awesome!! Almost there!

Yeah, can't wait to get frags from you guys. Also, if yo can see in the picture, the tank is sporting your PhillyAquatics magnet. lol

also, have you guy used the ARM cal media? always been using reborn but the fellow I bought the cal reactor had a half container left and included it. might just use this up and switch out to reborn when the time comes.

Thanks guys!

yeah, not totally worried about it. once I get the apex and do some wire management, the skimmer is an easy access to clean.

Yeah, can't wait to get frags from you guys. Also, if yo can see in the picture, the tank is sporting your PhillyAquatics magnet. lol

also, have you guy used the ARM cal media? always been using reborn but the fellow I bought the cal reactor had a half container left and included it. might just use this up and switch out to reborn when the time comes.
Didn’t even notice!!! Nice placement :)

Too busy looking at all the reefing swagger you have going on there.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
hey guys, any suggestions on how to tackle wire management for this? have a few ideas but would like some suggestions.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
There’s always the “wire track” available on amazon which is nice but a bit overkill for our application. You can always build a cabinet for all power supplies and controllers that sits off to the side of the tank and neatly run the wires to it. Here’s the one I made for my tank. The board everting is mounted to is hinged so it can swing out for access to the wires.
44C1A313-2FC8-499E-9ABC-7CA0E8A56760.jpeg 1FECD11D-8856-4438-82A9-60C47E9D2B5D.jpeg

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Kevs idea is sweet. I have yet to do it but I was thinking of using PVC (color or paint it) and running the wires in that. Drill holes to let the wires out but then all slack is in the pvc. I can tell you from experaince wire it up if the next personb will hunt you down and kill you if there are struggling to find wires or cut wire ties off, etc....

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
might change my direction with this guys.. stay tuned. :ohnoes:

edited the Title as well since I'll be focusing on the 34 gal frag tank for now till the other tank is setup.

frag tank is doing well by the way, i'll try and grab a photo later when i get home from work.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
So... decided to stick with a smaller tank for now and sell the 80 tank. I figured since it going to take a awhile for any of my SPS pieces to grow out, it didn't make sense for a larger tank to be running when all the eye candy will be housed in the 34 gallon. I'll decide on a upgrade down the road. In the mean time, watch out for some good deals on hardware in the for sale thread soon.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Hey guys, just an update on the frag tank. all is going well with it and it's filling up. need to sell some stuff actually to get more real estate. lol

but all is stable and corals are cooking.

Ue1mKGA.jpg