• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

JBJ 28 Nano vs. Oceanic BioCube 29 ???

Hi I was wondering if anyone could perhaps make any recommendations as to whether they prefer the JBJ 28 CF Nano or the Oceanic 29 BioCube??? From what I can see they are pretty much alike in regards to filtration, lighting and accessories... so it is more of the quality that concerns me, being that I've never heard of JBJ I am a little skeptical of it. Might anyone have these products and be able to provide me with some feedback???? It would be very much appreciated and most likely make this purchase a bit easier.

Thanks!!!

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I have a JBJ 12 gallon tank and love it. JBJ is not a small company and makes quality products. Just be careful with that sized nano they seem to have an issue where they crack along the curved glass. Do a quick search and decide if you are still interested.

I think one is acrylic....one is glass? Not 100 percent sure.
You also have a couple other choices
There is the 24 G Aqua Pod
Finnex makes a nice nano.
There are a couple others too with slightly different shapes and lighting choices.
I cannot remember all of them to be honest.
Red Sea makes 32G

There are a few with T5 lighting some with MH, depends what you want.

mnat said:
Just be careful with that sized nano they seem to have an issue where they crack along the curved glass. Do a quick search and decide if you are still interested.

i have read this too

i had a 28 gal jbj nc hqi for a year, its a great tank, but heat can be an issue u just leave the hood closed with no fan/halides. if i were you id go with a solana or an elos mini

as mentioned by premilove.

i had the biocube and would suggest going with a bigger better tank if it will be your final display. pay now to lose less money later.

Elos mini elite 20gal is amazing I have 1 setup and 2 others that I'm trying to get rid of never opened. Elos has amazing products...everything from the tank to the sump is so easy to setup and runs by itself. Compared to biocube these things are a work of art. Pm me

For the cost of an ELOS you could build or buy an entire 75g setup off the forums...

I have a RSM 130D that I got used and love it. It is larger than the other tanks you listed and having previously owned a biocube and my friend currently owning a 24g nanocube I would recommend the RSM over them. Check other forums you can pick them up for less than $400 including everything you need except LR and LS.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Zombie thread. Just so we are clear the OP is over 2 years old.

I love my little BioCube8!

And now back to your regularly scheduled program.