• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

JBJ ATO Question

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I picked up a used JBJ ATO to use on a JBJ 28 tank. My interests were to set it up using both floats to turn the pump off when they “floated”. I basically want a two float system to assure when one switch went bad, the other would still turn off the pump to the water reservoir.

So I’m looking at the instructions and I don’t see were that is an option with the JBJ.

Am I missing something? I really want a backup float valve since there is no extra volume in an All-In-One tank to fit all that extra reservoir water when the switch goes bad.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
No, you are not missing anything, it's only an A or B option for the switches. However, feel better in knowing that it does have a built in timer that, if a sensor fails or a snail triggers the pump, it will time out and stop.

I do believe the timer is adjustable via an internal pot.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks Brian. I’m not familiar with this ATO, so I set it up with a light plugged into the controllable outlet to check its functions. The first thing noted was that one of the float switches was DOA. So I now only have one anyway. But verifying what Brian said, after a couple minutes of being on, the feed pump automatically shuts off. I timed this and it varied between two minutes and four minutes. Bottom line is that now I feel more comfortable setting this up with one float switch.

See....... i t told you you would figure it out McGuyver :p. If you need another float let me know know i have some extras