• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jebao crossflow25 or newish icecap 1k

does anyone have experience with these pumps, I’m looking to get a gyre now and I don’t know if it’s worth it to spend the extra money on the icecap? I’ve always used jebao wave makers and am happy with those.

I've been running the crossflow25 for @2 months. No problems so far and I like the flow it makes but it's cheap construction has me nervous to touch it. Its hard to argue with the price though

I decided to spend the extra money and went with the icecap gyre over the crossflow to replace my two jebao wave makers. I’ll review it once I get it for everyone and I’ll be looking to trade the two wave makers for a nice sized frag of something :redface_new:

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
i have 2 of the cp25's running, for the price, you can't beat it. works great

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
So far so good, when they Rev up you can hear the humming but I'm ok with that

Just a quick update, ended up going with the icecap 1000. At first I wasn’t happy with it but after working with it for 4 days I’ve finally got it dialed In. The flow, pattern, and setting of the 24 hour clock took some tinkering to make sure all the coral were happy but not giving up was well worth it. There truly are no dead spots in the tank anymore and corals seem extremely happy, even more so than before. I would recommend it. And as far as noise in concerned I don’t hear a thing, surprised I’ve seen people say it was noisy but not a sound is made in any of the functions

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
@BangedUp What size tank and if there is sand, which grain size? I heard that this also hums. Is this also delicate and can break easily