• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jebao DC 9000

So last night I got home to a tripped GFI. Everything was fine with the tank but it seems my main pump was creating a problem. It is a Reeflo Blowhole 1100, I will test to see what is up with the pump later.

I decided to put the Jabeo I had lying around and it is not a half bad pump. I am using it external as I hate to put my main pumps in sump. There are 2 leaks out of the pump from the housing and they are not even visible, they have to be smaller than a pinhole. You can only get it to leak while running. I plan to silicone the holes up since it is a little slow leak. Other than the leaks the pump pushes water pretty well. I inlet at 1" and outlet 3/4" and cannot set this pump on high going through 4 elbow and reducing to 1/2" before entering the tank. Heat transfer seems to be next to nothing as my heater is kicking on way more than normal. It is almost as if the average temperature drop about a degree and possibly closer to 2 but I will know more in a day or 2.

Aside from plumbing I used the ReefAngel cable and connected to my apex, now I can totally mess with my fish.

Anyone else using the Jabeo DC pumps? Internal or external?

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I'm using the 6000 internal. Been running since I set my tank up in December. So far so good. I love the "soft" start, it's dead silent and moves a ton of water for such a small pump.

I have a DC12000 on its way to me and cannot wait to set it up. It will be replacing my eheim 1262, and 3 maxijet 1200s.

I ordered DC12000 should get it on Thursday. Can wait . Feeding refuge carbon & gfo for 180gallon on a 75gallon sump