• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jebao Return Pump and Wave Maker

Hey guys!

So I am looking for affordable return pumps and wave makers where you have control over the flow and I came across the Jebao return pump and wave maker. I wanted to ask if anyone has any experience with these and what are your thought? Worth it or are there better options?

Return Pump

Wave Maker

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
It’s funny I have a lot of jebao wave makers and they all work great. I have two small return pumps that I have owned for 3yrs. In that same timeframe I had 3 Neptune wav pumps go bad and a cor20 go bad. The Neptune products cost significantly more.

I just ordered another jeboa gyre for a new tank I am adding to the system. So now I have a total of 6 jebao wave makers.

I have heard mixed reviews about both jebao products. We are already using the Cor 20 on the main frag tank but wanted to get a cheaper solution for two smaller tanks we are setting up. Part of this has to do with available funds lol.
It’s funny I have a lot of jebao wave makers and they all work great. I have two small return pumps that I have owned for 3yrs. In that same timeframe I had 3 Neptune wav pumps go bad and a cor20 go bad. The Neptune products cost significantly more.

I just ordered another jeboa gyre for a new tank I am adding to the system. So now I have a total of 6 jebao wave makers.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have the Jabeo Sine SOW 15 which was to be a temporary wavemaker. My Tunze 6105 stopped working and BRS was out of stock. I have the Jabeo set on the mid speed. It is dead quiet. No need for me to spend $300 on a Tunze! It's been running for almost 2 years.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
I run two jaebo return pumps, a main and a smaller for my frag tank. They work great would definitely buy another.
I also have the slow-10 wave maker in the frag tank and I really like it.

I have 2 slw 20s on my tank, an ow for mixing salt and a return pump. The return pump makes a specific noise but you pretty much get used to it (plus the central air is probably louder). Never had a problem. They all work great

I've been running a DCP4000 for a couple years without issues and is dead quiet. Along with some wave makers. The oldest being an RW25 that's been running nonstop for 5 years now.

Going to be using another return and a couple wavemakers for my next build

Salted

NJRC Member
I'm using a jebao dcp3000 return. Only four months now so no long term experience with it but no problems so far and runs silent. It was only $61. I've been meaning to buy another as a spare.

Jamie S

NJRC Member
I have the return pumps and wave makers on my tank and they are quiet and working great so far. I’ve had them running for 6 months and bought them used.

recently picked this up for my new frag tank. a nero5 clone but a bit more powerful at half the price. they also have a WiFi version as well. look around on eBay.

Attachments

• 1617323848972793185541767568123.jpg
    1617323848972793185541767568123.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6

Andy Aquariums

NJRC Member
I had the Jbao Tunze clones. I wasn't so impressed.

I have a current dc return pump, which is great (assuming you are not in an all in one). I'll be getting rid of that as soon as my new tank is ready, if you are able to wait.