• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jebao return pump

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Anyone try ?

Jebao
DCQ-8000 65W Submersible Return Pump w/ Controller

I am trying to select a good dc return pump for my reefer 425

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
I'm looking at jebao vs mp40 for my tank. I only use jebaos but thought about maybe upgrading this time around

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I have good luck with simplicity returns pumps.
They are not expensive work well and I can pick one up at my LFS (reefco and aquatic obsession carry them) jebao also work well just get two and keep one in the closet as a back up.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
I have good luck with simplicity returns pumps.
They are not expensive work well and I can pick one up at my LFS (reefco and aquatic obsession carry them) jebao also work well just get two and keep one in the closet as a back up.
I noticed today I have like 4 jebao 3000's all of which can act as backups but I'll grab a 10000 I think and dial it back for this tank

Thanks !

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I've been using a DCP-18000 for my return for a few years now. It's a great pump. It replaced two DCQ 10000 without skipping a beat. It pushes everything in my system, and still had reserve flow even when I had all the frag tanks still connected.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
I run jebaos also and thinking of 1 mp40 strictly for the battery backup option
I have a standy generac not worried about battery backups, but I like the entire of no wires in the tank.

I think I'll eventually upgrade to mp40 but generally speaking I've been a jebao whore lol

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
I've been using a DCP-18000 for my return for a few years now. It's a great pump. It replaced two DCQ 10000 without skipping a beat. It pushes everything in my system, and still had reserve flow even when I had all the frag tanks still connected.
If Dave backs em, I'm SOLD

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I've been running a Waveline DC6000 (no longer made) that looks very much like it could be a Jebao. If and when it dies, I'll replace it with a Jebao. My one comment is that I have a 90 gallon DT with a 1500 gph overflow and the pump is not even at 50 percent. With your tank close in size, you could easily go for a smaller pump and still have more flow then you need.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
I've been running a Waveline DC6000 (no longer made) that looks very much like it could be a Jebao. If and when it dies, I'll replace it with a Jebao. My one comment is that I have a 90 gallon DT with a 1500 gph overflow and the pump is not even at 50 percent. With your tank close in size, you could easily go for a smaller pump and still have more flow then you need.
I don't want to peg the pump, figured some head room would be good for longevity

I have a jecod dct4000 if any of you are interested in keeping a backup. This is what they were called before jebao (same company). It’s old, but barely used. Had it set up as an externally mounted return pump on a 90 gallon tank and 15 gallon sump. I upgraded to a larger sump years ago and that is when I switched over to a Vectra m1.

Attachments

• IMG_0311.jpeg
    IMG_0311.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0314.jpeg
    IMG_0314.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0312.jpeg
    IMG_0312.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0313.jpeg
    IMG_0313.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3

Rueric

NJRC Member
I have two Jebao pumps, both mainly for pushing water for water changes.
Works great, relatively quiet and powerful for the price.

eli smoke

NJRC Member
I’m running my 3rd one on this tank. The first one I moved into the pond when I upsized it to increase flow, the second one died lasted exactly one year to the day, the 3rd one is 15 days from being a year old. See if it lasts. If it dies I will probably buy a bigger one. Also running one on my external skimmer.