• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Just got a dumb phone for my 12 yr old

Anyways - i know most of her classmates have got iphones or ipads or whatever - but i'm not going to let her. She's getting a dumb phone to send text and call us when she's done with her after school activities.

I shall now pray that my daughter will not kill me when she sees the dumb phone instead of a smart phone. If you read anything in the news in NJ about girl smashing dad with dumb phone - you know it's me. LOL.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukkah, Happy Holidays everyone!

Hah star tac. It's scary my 2 year old can use an Iphone and iPad like a pro, way to catch the market at an early age. Best of luck with that, hope it doesn't turn into a astronomical bill for u

Lets add this up. Dumb phone..free Smart phone 0-100 bucks. Therapy for you and your daughter 250 per hour. Pain and suffering you will have priceless.:sorrow: .... that said I agree with you.

Threads soon to come...
Deals and steals. Dumb phone never used due to fears of social status
Wtb. iPhone6
My 12 year old niece is asking for the same thing for Xmas and my sister did the same thing get her a starter phone and if she proves to be responsible then a possible upgrade

I did get mine a iPhoneC. Reason was I wanted tracking. AT&T charges about $25 to turn tracking on, for 30 I was able to get her the data plan for iMessage, find friend which I use for tracking, and yes the elimination of the social stigma of not having a dumb phone.

I got my 12 year old daughter a dumb phone on her 11th b day. Good luck!

I have some stories I would love to share with you.

Take the phone at the end of the night before she goes up to bed. Especially school nights.

My son has been asking for a phone for a while. Not gonna happen. But when I'm ready I have a well used Razr phone all ready to go.

Good news - i'm still alive and without any bruises lol!

She was very happy to get the phone today. She has already sent 5 text messages somehow from that tiny keypad to her uncle. She has also made 10 minutes of calls (i know - i'm looking at the account right now..lol).

best part - the phone was free (hand me down from mom) and the cost is $10 per month (unlimited text/phone, NO data).

As for next year...stay tuned...(and yes Matt - we tend to seize all electronics during school nights). As for text...we shall see. Tang police

It goes for most things in life "the dose makes the poison" we have to limit our two year old with the time she's allowed on the iPad

Glad to hear all went well Phil!
I do have one suggestion- enable the gps tracking on the phone. Then you will always know where she is :)