• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Just Got A New AGA Modern Series Stand for my 180

HerbieK

NJRC Honorary Member
NJRC Member
I can't believe this thing is going to hold my tank! It looks like most of the weight will be supported on the ends by mostly 3/4 inch plywood. I guess this was designed for this tank, so I will not worry. Based on what I have seen from some of the DIY stand builds, those stands are built like tanks! You could probably park your car on them.

I am in the process of moving my 90 gal into the basement for the time being while I do some site prep and setup for the 180. I am going to run 2 20 amp circuits to the tank, and need to do some floor work before setting up the 180. Of course, I need some stuff from the Premium Aquatics group buy to get this thing going.

I will be transferring my livestock to my new 40 gal breeder soon to be sump and my 20 gal high soon to be fuge.

Wish me luck on my move! Hopefully I can get this done this weekend.

Herb

HerbieK said:
I can't believe this thing is going to hold my tank! It looks like most of the weight will be supported on the ends by mostly 3/4 inch plywood. I guess this was designed for this tank, so I will not worry. Based on what I have seen from some of the DIY stand builds, those stands are built like tanks! You could probably park your car on them.

I am in the process of moving my 90 gal into the basement for the time being while I do some site prep and setup for the 180. I am going to run 2 20 amp circuits to the tank, and need to do some floor work before setting up the 180. Of course, I need some stuff from the Premium Aquatics group buy to get this thing going.

I will be transferring my livestock to my new 40 gal breeder soon to be sump and my 20 gal high soon to be fuge.

Wish me luck on my move! Hopefully I can get this done this weekend.

Herb

That sounds like a lot ot do in one weekend. Good thing it is an extended weekend!

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We just got the Oceanic version of that stand and it is a little scary to look at. I thought the same thing as you but rest assured, it will hold the tank.

My stand that holds my 210 is basically held by 3- 1x3's in the back 1 1x3 in the front and the plywood on the sides I would guess to be 1/2". I was so nervous by this before putting the tank on that I screwed it to the wall, like kitchen cabinets.