• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Just lost my favorite fish

bigyankfan

Treasurer
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I had a beautiful 4" scribbled angel that was my favorite fish and when I went downstairs this morning, I found him/her on the floor. Here is my question: I have been keeping saltwater fish since 2006 and the only carpet surfers I ever had were wrasses. Has anyone else had an angel jump out of their tank?

Eric

Never had mine jump but I have a Lamarck Angel that constantly skims the top of the water. I think all fish "can" be jumpers some are just more prone to it. I had two saddleback clowns one which jumped overnight, the other happened to jump right in front of me while I was 2 feet away from the tank. I've even had a mandarin jump which is odd because I have another in my main display and he is so calm and relaxed I was shocked when the first one jumped.

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Not an angel, but I had a yellow tang do the same thing. And of course, it was right after the prices skyrocketed on them.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
damnnnnn. huge angel jumping is rare, but not impossible. sorry to hear