• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

just moved to NJ from MI... HELLO!

Hi All!

My family just moved to Port Monmouth NJ from MI as my husband took a job in NYC. I'm a stay at home mom and consider my tanks my therapy LOL

I have a 24g CF aquapod nano reef and a 50g reef weed FOWLR (anthelia, GSP, xenia, few mushrooms only).

We drove straight through almost 12 hours at my insistance as I hoped all my live stock would make the trip... sadly three of the four fish in my nano died in transit :( and I lost a couple corals but everything else made it and looks better by the day.

After asking around I was told to check out Tropiquarium and picked up a new false perc & 6 line... still need to get a purple firefish and black&white perc.

I'd love to find anyone else close to make trade some frags with in the future (or buy from <wink>) I have mostly zoas, shrooms, & palys. My porcopilla (sp?) died so if anyone has a small frag let me know. My frogspawn is also looking iffy.

Nice to meet everyone! Glad I found you, a buddy at MIreefers.com found the link for me

Candi

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hi Candi, welcome to NJ and we're glad you found NJRC. Sorry to hear some of your livestock didn't make the journey :(

We typically raffle off a lot of frags at meetings plus other members generally have a wide assortment of stuff for sale or trade.

Candi, I think I'm pretty close to you, Fair Haven, right next to Red Bank. I've got lots of corals, mostly sps, some mushrooms and other things.

Keep an eye on the NJ section of Reef Central also. Lots of traffic there.

Hef

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Once we're more settled in I'll be sure to check out a meeting, Hef I think that is close, Red Bank is next to us I believe :) Have any interesting shrooms for sale? I'll check out RC too!

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome to NJRC. I live on the other side of Port Monmouth, (Middletown), Less than 5 minutes away. I have a few corals to help you get set up again, Send me a PM of when you want to stop by. There's another pet store going west on 36 towards the Parkway. They don't have any corals, just cheap fish. They had the 2 fish last week that you were looking for. There are a lot of great reefers close to us. Hope to here from you soon.
Mike

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome to NJ! Glad you've found us. Sorry to hear about the loss of animals on your journey.

Lots of swapping going on at the meetings so keep an eye out for a meeting close to home. Each month the meetings are held in a different area of the state, in a member's home. January is North, February is south and March is Central.

Looking forward to seeing you around.

C

concept3

Welcome to NJRC candi!

I think the January meeting is close by you, there are usually a ton of frags raffled off or swaps happening during meetings!  You should be able to get your coral fix there!