• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

just picked up this Chili, need some advice.

I picked up this Chili coral today. It looks like a pile of, pardon me, POOP. But, I know what they can look like. The owner showed me a pic of the coral in the morning when he opens his shop. This thing is BEAUTIFUL. I made a makeshift cave and blocked the sides to prevent sand from blowin all over it. I am hoping this thing takes to my tank. Anyone have any advice? I have never had a NPS coral before. Its pretty big, atleast 6-7" across. This guy in Somers Point, New World Pets has some great stuff. Not alot, but quality. There is this purple tip long tentacle plate that is absolutely gorgeous....again 6" across. I think he's asking $50. Also, has a massive Elegance, $80. The pics are pretty bad, but I dont want to turn the halides on so that I dont shock this guy. He will get some MH light, but I tried to put him under a makeshift ledge.
chili2.jpg

chili1.jpg

You are gonna have a very tough time keeping that thing alive in anything but a dedicated NPS tank with constant phyto drip.

NPS and filters feeders can kept very easily in a NON sps tank. If you have higher nutrients chances are your tank can handle them.

I dont keep sps but i keep anemones and some nps and filter feeders. As long as you have a high nutrient system you should be ok.

I would also reccommend dosing phyto once or twice a day basically take a turkey baster and spray it right into the polyps.

NPS and filters feeders can kept very easily in a NON sps tank. If you have higher nutrients chances are your tank can handle them.

I dont keep sps but i keep anemones and some nps and filter feeders. As long as you have a high nutrient system you should be ok.

I would also reccommend dosing phyto once or twice a day basically take a turkey baster and spray it right into the polyps.
Thanks..I did grab a bottle of Reef Snow. If there is another suggestion let me know. Thanks for the article Mnat. Happy Bday by the way, Ill feed accordingly. Lemme know what u guys are feeding.