• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Kalkwasser at night time!!

Hi all!!
I wander how many people are doing this, I mean dosing the kalkwasser at night time to keep the ph stable…
Rjmul was helping me out with some advice but curious to know how’s everyone else is doing it..

Rueric

NJRC Member
Hey, I started this about a month ago now.
I'm using Chris Meckley's method from ACI..
Basically, dose Kalk according to your pH to try and keep it stable.
Alk will bounce around for the first week or two, but it'll stabalize with a result in overall higher pH on average

Hey, I started this about a month ago now.
I'm using Chris Meckley's method from ACI..
Basically, dose Kalk according to your pH to try and keep it stable.
Alk will bounce around for the first week or two, but it'll stabalize with a result in overall higher pH on average
Are you using anything to monitor your ph!!! Or just a set doser!!?

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I use kalk and I dose it from a dosing pump.
I do it 24/7 I match what I evaporate so I don’t even use a Ato.

I use kalk and I dose it from a dosing pump.
I do it 24/7 I match what I evaporate so I don’t even use a Ato.
I’m doing the same except that I don’t dose the all evaporated water. I’m just seeing some videos on people having improved with a more consistent PH. We all want more growth out of our acropora…

horseplay

NJRC Member
I did co2 scrubber it was more effective for a smaller tank. Large tank it will be too expensive to change the media. Kalk dosing is a little messy for me and I no longer have the space for it.

Salted

NJRC Member
I had a small air pump laying around. I got a small air stone and valve and dropped it in my return chamber. It’s been working well for me. I don’t have any sps so calcium replacement is a non issue. When I was dosing kalk I found it would coat my ato sensor and screw it up. When I figured out what was happening I simply cleaned the sensor every week and problem solved but for me the air stone works and requires no additional maintenance.