• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Kat's Fabulous MAX

July 2012 Tank Video!

Santa got the RSM to me is a mystery, my apartment does not have a chimney. I started my salty adventures this past summer and in 6 months have upgraded from a BioCube 14 to a 2.5 times larger Red Sea MAX 130D, 34 gallon. I'm very excited about this tank, and can see that this tank will be plenty for a long time to come. The trick is not to go to any more frag swaps with my friend KG. ;)

Welcome to my RSM thread. :) FTS July 2012
IMG_9521.JPG

Thanks for following.

I was overly excited about visiting DC at Easter weekend with my family. I was planning a visit to Mr. Coral for weeks and here was my chance. Mr Corals pictures and specials have been very enticing. I had placed an order with him a while back. While that did not go as planned, I was still satisfied with the conclusion of that transaction. I debated placing another online order but I managed to resist. Here was my chance to visit, and I carefully planned on cleaning out his $10 tank. I was logging on to his site all the time this last few weeks.

I arrived at his store at about 3pm today.
IMG_20120407_145501.jpg

I walked in hoping to meet Sonny but he wasn't in the store today. I met Ken, for those that don't know, Ken frags, bags and ships all your orders. Certainly most of them. Nice guy, I was at the store a while so we chatted about lights and such while I went over the frag tanks with a fine tooth comb.

I picked up about 11 frags, most in the $10 category but several for more $$. The SPS I got are really really cool and I like the zoas I picked out also. Everything is still in the baggies in my cooler with a warm towel keeping them warm, while I am still at the hotel in DC. I go home tomorrow and I'm not sure if I should open the bags to give some air to the frags and re-pack them or what.
IMG_20120407_173839.jpg

I was disappointed at the selection, I was hoping for more but they are truly closing up the $10 section. And the frags looked better in pics, the tanks were not in the greatest shape. The Ebay frags were REALLY sweet. I mean really! Clean, large size, healthy frags. OF course there was one frag tank that was Sonny's. And of course I wanted what was in it. :rolleyes: Chalices are not my thing but boy that gold chalice is to die for!
file_371_51.jpg

I cajoled Ken into letting me take a picture of him holding my loot cooler.
IMG_20120407_155913.jpg

:D

And I totally forgot to ask for my Easter special deal. They're advertising 1 free coral for every $35 spent. :(

I enjoy comparing progression shots for this Leptastrea so much!
Feb 20, 2012
IMG_3924.JPG

Mar 12
IMG_4148.JPG

Mar 29
IMG_4199.JPG

Apr 18
IMG_4262.JPG

May:
IMG_4432.JPG

Kat you've invaded my other forum! Maybe this thread will move a bit slower and I can actually keep up with your awesome pics.

-Vicki