• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Kelvin on a Solaris H Series?

Is there any way to tell the kelvin of the H series with all of the lighting combinations?

Example-

100 Day Whites+100 Day Blues=10K
50 Day Whites+100 Day Blues=20K
80 Day Whites+100 Day Blues=14K

Please help!

From what I can tell there are only 2 other people with Solaris on this message board. I think you'll be better off contacting the manufacturer.

Don't think it works the way you are suggesting.
If you have a bulb that gives off a wavelength of 20K and a bulb that gives off 10K you don't average them.
They would both continue to give off their individual wavelengh but you would have both wavelenghts hitting your tank. So the 20K would reach further down. I have a very small LED light in my fuge and spoke with the builder and he said they give off about 6500 K for the white ones. But...they are the smaller LED's not the good(expensive) Solaris size ones. He suggested red ones for my fuge but the all white are working fine at the moment.

You actually made me read about them before.
In any case Sam has it on his tank maybe he can answer it.

Just my two cents let me know if I am wrong.

I beleve both blues and whites at 100% would be 20K then cut back the blues to lower to 15k ect. I am still learning with mine.

JRWOHLER said:
If you have a bulb that gives off a wavelength of 20K and a bulb that gives off 10K you don't average them.
They would both continue to give off their individual wavelengh but you would have both wavelenghts hitting your tank. So the 20K would reach further down. I have a very small LED light in my fuge and spoke with the builder and he said they give off about 6500 K for the white ones. But...they are the smaller LED's not the good(expensive) Solaris size ones. He suggested red ones for my fuge but the all white are working fine at the moment.

All I know is that I like them on 1/2 the tank. I would not like them on 100% of the tank though. Not sure about what Kelvin it is though.

jazzsam said:
JRWOHLER said:

All I know is that I like them on 1/2 the tank. I would not like them on 100% of the tank though. Not sure about what Kelvin it is though.

Meaning the Day Whites on 50? Day Blues on 100?

I just brought my Day Whites from 100 down to 80 to bring out more blue. I have to see how my clam does w/ it...

KillaGoby said:
Meaning the Day Whites on 50? Day Blues on 100?

I just brought my Day Whites from 100 down to 80 to bring out more blue. I have to see how my clam does w/ it...

I guess I could have worded that better. I have an 8 foot tank and a 4 foot Solaris on one side and T5 on the other. I like the flexability.

Gotcha. Since I've dropped the Day Whites down to 80 my Bubble, Blastos, and Cynaria have both opened up more. My closed brain and Acans are starting to color up more. The brain now has some purple in it, (Instead of looking all green like it did under 100 Day Whites).

I have the G on my 70 Tec and both at 100. Figured I would save the money as everyone dosent run the H and I at 100% anyway.