• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Kessil A360 X. Review and opinions

My main system utilizes four Kessil A360 X pucks with the X-Controller and four T-5 bulbs. As far as color, growth and appearance. The Kessil is top notch. And I couldn’t be happier. However. All four lights Have had to be replaced in just under a year of service as one by one they stopped working.
I would like to express thanks to Kessil as they helped me trouble shoot them each time one went and replaced each one when we determined it was in-fact the light that failed. And they did so for free and quickly.

My question is simple... has anyone else had this experience.

I should be clear and say that all four light were from the first batch Kessil put out into production. And that I haven’t had any problems so far with the replacement pucks. I guess my point is pretty strait forward. I love the lights. and Kessils warranty and replacement has been great. But as I contemplate someday building that “Dream System”. I would like to know others opinion on the quality and life span of these as well as other high end lighting options

thanks in advance for any response. I appreciate all input and opinions you all share. I am looking for responses from people with first hand knowledge Of the product, not second hand off the net. But please have at it. I really would like your input

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Hello
I also use kessil. I have 3 x 360we
1 AP700 and two 360x.

Kessil has replace 1 of the 360we
One of 360x didn’t turn on when I lost power last week. But since I am familiar with the lights. I got a compressed air and cleaned the inside of the lights and it started to work again.

Hello
I also use kessil. I have 3 x 360we
1 AP700 and two 360x.

Kessil has replace 1 of the 360we
One of 360x didn’t turn on when I lost power last week. But since I am familiar with the lights. I got a compressed air and cleaned the inside of the lights and it started to work again.
Thanks. Amado. I appreciate the input

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Thanks. Amado. I appreciate the input

The way is see it Ryan from BRS has access to every light in the hobby.
They have tested everything twice.
And for his new build at home he picked the kessil 360x and reefbrite combination.

That’s what I have so I guess I made a good choice.

Last edited:
The way is see it Ryan from BRS has access to every light in the hobby.
They have tested everything twice.
And for his new build at home he picked the kessil 360x and reefbright combination.

That’s what I have so I guess I made a good choice.

Great point. It’s why I have as well. We must be Genius lighting gurus. Hahaha. Again thanks for the input. And the link

deepblue68

POTM Winner
My main system utilizes four Kessil A360 X pucks with the X-Controller and four T-5 bulbs. As far as color, growth and appearance. The Kessil is top notch. And I couldn’t be happier. However. All four lights Have had to be replaced in just under a year of service as one by one they stopped working.
I would like to express thanks to Kessil as they helped me trouble shoot them each time one went and replaced each one when we determined it was in-fact the light that failed. And they did so for free and quickly.

My question is simple... has anyone else had this experience.

I should be clear and say that all four light were from the first batch Kessil put out into production. And that I haven’t had any problems so far with the replacement pucks. I guess my point is pretty strait forward. I love the lights. and Kessils warranty and replacement has been great. But as I contemplate someday building that “Dream System”. I would like to know others opinion on the quality and life span of these as well as other high end lighting options

thanks in advance for any response. I appreciate all input and opinions you all share. I am looking for responses from people with first hand knowledge Of the product, not second hand off the net. But please have at it. I really would like your input
I have had kessil since they came out and had one problem with A150 which kessil took care of. i must say
they are to me the benchmark in customer service, satisfactory and warranty there product 100% ,actually that A150 was out of warranty and they replaced it no questions asked.
Iam currently running A360x for over a year with no issues (I hope this doesn't jinx me) and an A350 which iam upgrading next month if I do not buy the AP9X.
I quess you know my feeling of kessil!!
Oh did I forget that SHIMMER!!!!!
LOVE IT! to me looks closet to metal halides!

deepblue68

POTM Winner
I don't think it hurts to try another brand for yourself to see for yourself if there are better choices for you. I was thinking of radion but I don't want to give up the simplicity and shimmer of kessil! They stand by there products!!20200315_102024.jpg

I’m not complaining. Like you said. They stand by there product 100 percent. Love the simplicity and look. I feel it may be the first production run blues. As all replacements have been fine.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I was also curious and almost purchased the new Phillip coral care lights.
But since they priced it just as high as the kessil I decided to stay with what I know.
I was also not impressed with the par in the philips coral care. It’s also a huge light.

I also have these lights relassy ( black box)
From amazon. This light works great and it can definitely grow corals. $100 per light.
It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles.
But it’s a solid light. I have been using it with
A aquatic life T5 hybrids and the work. For a basement Fishroom you don’t need to be fancy so I think I will continue to use this light.

Relassy Aquarium Led Light 800W, Dimmable Coral Reef Light for Saltwater Aquarium Fish Tank, Full Spectrum LED Aquarium Plant Light with Daisy Chain Function https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082CWDPVC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_cW.mFbKGAYKWN

2544D98D-66E5-45C0-A586-E2971FF7029F.jpeg

Last edited:

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I used 2 kessil 360WE on my 50g w 4 T5s. it grew sps like crazy as you remember from my encrusted overflow pics. however, I think that you can use any light, as long as its supplemented with T5s, and it will grow anything. when tullio was at the meet, he explaoned reason being is that it spreads light to every inch across with no dead spots. (you were in the truck zzZZzzzz Sponge). so unless we can line up a bunch of leds next to each other, I think supplemental lighting is still needed. oh unless you wanna go ol skool w some 400w radium metal halides with the umbrella reflectors !!!!!

I'll probably look to add some T5s on the new tank, or get the new reefbrites to add the supplemental lighting