• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Kole tang, scratch? or is this a disease/parasite?

Hey, my Kole tang looks like it has similar markings on either side of its body which makes me think its not a scratch. I believe when I first purchased him like 2-3 months ago, I noticed him having like one small little white dot, very very tiny like a pixel i would call it. And I believe it is the same as this scratch only it got bigger.

Also I recently introduced a Longfin Fairy Wrasse and the Tang keeps going up to the wrasse looking to be cleaned of what it looks like, I guess it thinks the wrasse may eat the parasite off? it's being very gentle moving over the the wrasse sliding its back end to the wrasse and opening its mouth wide? It doesn't look like its being aggressive at all.

Since I saw this behavior, I went out and bought a Cleaner Shrimp to maybe have him clean the parasite off, he is one day old and already started cleaning... but the wrong fish! But all is well with the other fish.

Should I take the Tang out? Fresh water dip? Copper? How do I do a Freshwater dip as I have never done one.

I will post pictures from another computer as this one I think may have its on parasite! aghh!

The tang's behavior has been normal, calm eating a lot of sea weed/garlic extreme. Also what garlic do you guys use? can I use household garlic's liquid? is that the same?

img5275p.jpg

img5276.jpg

Sorry for bad pictures in a rush today, got work then a Physics 2 test. Hopefully after the test I'll have time to work on my tank

Wow that side of my tank is filthy... guess i should clean that up too lol..

I'll be checking up on this periodically while at work, If you guys know exactly what it is and would like to get me the message sooner, feel free to txt me it to 856 981 2232

I appreciate the help.

Is it "flashing" against the substrate or rocks?? Look closer at it to see if you see any signs of ich. Fish, especially tangs will "flash" against something to try to rid themselves of whatever is irritating them. This often causes scratches.

If it makes you feel any better,my powder blue tang got a scratch on his flank a while back, and healed very quickly.

100% agree with Nick.

Sometimes they get nicked (no pun intended) by coral or some sharp LR. it should heal fast enough.

Kole tank died, Woke up this morning for work, saw him kinda swimming around in the back of the tank behind rocks, Thought it seemed weird, came home just now to find that he was dead on the back of the sand bed...

So that makes my death toll of 3 dead fish in the past 2 months from Aquarium Center. I don't know whats up, he seemed so healthy.... just those scrapes, I was going to take him out and put him in my QT today cause it was my only time available from work and school consuming my life........ I hate this so much... Bought him when Aquarium center was having their buy 2 get one free sale, and none of these fish survived now.

What to do... what to do.... I waste so much money lately.....

got a new Kole tang now, it is in QT, hopefully this one survives. That wrasse in the picture above died, he carpet surfed....