• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Koralia pump ?'s

Good morning,
i'm in the ' planning ' stages of setting up a 125 gal tank, not RR........
I was thinking of using the Korlia pumps for circulation.Now, I do not know which pump would be better to use circulation wise in a 125 gal, the # 3 or the # 4. I'm thinking at least 2 pumps to start with, maybe more once i see how the circulation is going. At this point i'm not even sure what i wanna put in the tank---sand bottom, fish, corals--what kinds i'm not sure yet---
Now, with the tank not having built in overflows i would use over the back overflows, and i was thing of using 2 overflows--1 on each end of the tank going into a refugium.
any thoughts?
thanks,
steve

Im not sure on the plumbing issues but i do suggest for anyone who is going buy Koralias to buy the controllable ones. The propellar is similar to the one renee modded her pumps with.

I own the a two way controller and a photo cell and two koralis 3's. I love it. I thinks its ten times better then a vortech.

I have two 4s and two MJ900s, the MJs are on a controller. The standard Koralia are not controllable. I had a K2 on my nano...they have been very reliable and inexpensive to run for me.

JRWOHLER said:
. The standard Koralia are not controllable.
meaning they do not move back and forth--once you position them that's it till you move them again.
so you think 2 # 4's would be a likely start?
oh---thanks for the replies............
Steve