• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

koran angel

Can anyone tell me if a Koran angel will eat polyps. I had yellow and brown and red and green polyps growna all over the tank and over the last 4 months I have noticed that they are shrinking in size and not opening up ect ect. the only fish i have in the tank is a koran angel. 2 percula clows, and a bi color psuedo what do you think could be causing issues with my polyps. my mushroom's are doing well

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I would venture a guess and say yes, the Angel could be eating your polyps.

I had a Emperor Angel that loved zoo's. I tested it out once with a rock that had about 20 zoo's on it. They lasted about 2 minutes in the tank.

Damn I thought that was the problem what can I put in there with that thing that he wont eat. Or am I gonne have to get rid of it. I kinda want to hang on to him but i know with only a 54 gallon tank i will need to get rid of him one day unless I upgrade

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I've never had a Koran, so I can't say for sure. But I would think it should be fine with both of those fish.

I can say however, that it will outgrow a 54g. Large angels need plenty of tank space.