• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Lears comin coming back online after a total wipeout.

Well the 400 gallon multi tank system went down fast and I had to shut down. I am happy to say I am coming back online this week! I’ll be C41B267A-A98C-412A-9637-7E9A6BE62CE2.jpegDD1D818D-F174-4BF8-B925-E59276CC0662.jpeg5CFF962C-5538-44D7-92FA-63552DAE9F56.jpegin Red Bank this time. I am improving every aspect of the system. Hybrid lights and dual Iwaki pumps. I am sticking with the 2 floor basement sump design. I can’t wait for cycle to be complete. Hope you have all been well!

Red bank. Awesome that’s only 20 minutes. Perhaps A visit of the build could be arranged. Hopefully that’s not to forward or creepy hahaha. I just love to see others systems and how they do it. (Or how I’m not doing it right lol) looks like you have plenty of room in the “fish room” in the basement. But most importantly I am super interested and what happened. Why the total crash. I ask because you just described my system exactly. 400 gallon multi tank system. With support tanks in basement And do to financial reasons. Not the best stuff, in fact... mine is pretty much mostly used and Hobbed together. I realize that’s a bit of an assumption on my part of what you had. But I base that on your statement “I am improving every aspect of the system”. I don’t have the space or means for a complete rebuild but I am slowly improving small aspects. Like new pumps in the main tank. Temp controllers. And water change storage and utilization. Anyway I Do not wish to make this thread about Sponge. But I really look forward to your build as it seems to be mine on steroids. Best of luck. Thanks for posting And happy reefing.

Welcome back! I was wondering where you’ve been. Sorry to hear about your old system-it was kicka$$. I’m sure this will be no different.

when you’re ready to roll, I have frags I’ve gotten from you if you miss any of your old pals, and I’m happy to share what else I can. You’ve always been more than generous with your coral and I’d love to return the favor. And as you know i have chaeto for you when you need it.

0F28F814-737A-4220-B5D3-882E8CD0FAED.jpegI
I am ready for water tomorrow. Starting the cycle. It was wonderful seeing all my old friends are still in the hobby and keeping njreefers community going strong. First wipe I had was from a heater malfunction. Second time was hurricane Sandy. This it was a relationship ending. Thanks for all the kind offers and I can’t wait to get acros going!

Wow so cool! Sandy took me out originally as well. With today’s technology it so much more doable and easier. Oh yea and enjoyable. Good luck

radiata

NJRC Member
If it isn't too late, I suggest you build 2x4 platforms for your sump and stock tank. When you reach my age the last thing you're going to want to do is bend over either one to work on it.