• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Leather cutting

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have a huge green brothers that I would like to trim back. Can I just take scissors and cut in tank with pumps off?
Here is pic under blue lights.

Attachments

• IMG_20171028_205635_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20171028_205635_hdr.jpg
    512 KB · Views: 22

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Take it out ... I cut a massive leather in tank and it spewed white substance. Grant it i had cut the main trunk.But if you are doing a quick cut and cannot remove . go for it .make sure cutters are really sharp.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Take it out ... I cut a massive leather in tank and it spewed white substance. Grant it i had cut the main trunk.But if you are doing a quick cut and cannot remove . go for it .make sure cutters are really sharp.
Did not think of that, spewing carp out.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
The leather has grown quite large so looking to trim it down. Just nervous cutting it as I hate to kill it.

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
will not hurt it . just cut a section off with sharp scissors .cut piece into smaller pieces ,and place in a bin of rubble in tank . cant glue leather.let sit for like 2 weeks .....