• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

LED T5 Hybrid.....awesome

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Personally, I don't see a need for dimmable ballasts but I guess if you're looking for a sunrise/sunset feature it's pretty nice

Ok. So would it be better to swap out the ballast or just ramp up the LED’s before the T5’s kick in???? Do ramping a ballast effect life of unit or bulbs???
I have my leds come on first for 2 hrs and then my t5s come. My leds dont ramp so I stagger the start time by 10 minutes and I only run my t5s for 6 hrs.

It doesn't effect the life of the bulbs but you have to run them for 40hrs at a 100% before you can dim them.

I just figured make it simple, and have the leds ramp up to a certain point, and just have the t5 on for the peak 4 hour mid day period. The lamps should last a long time with that short daily usage. The additional lighting should the photosynthetic animals a good boost. I intend to do this upgrade eventually.